2018 Scholarship Policy
Please know that scholarships are limited. With very few exceptions, scholarship decisions are based on a combination of need and merit.
Therefore to be considered for any scholarship assistance (EXCEPT the Five (5) STERN FULL FELLOWSHIPS) by the Scholarship Committee, you must submit ALL required documents BEFORE YOUR LIVE AUDITION. IF you submitted A RECORDED AUDITION, we need to receive them ASAP, but no later than FEBRUARY 12 for ANY Applicant.
THE DEADLINE FOR SCHOLARSHIP MATERIALS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MONDAY, JANUARY 29 for anyone who has already done a LIVE AUDITION. All materials should be emailed or scanned to the secure office: email@example.com
Please note that deposit deadlines stated in acceptance letters will not be extended if scholarship applications have not been completed. If you are interested in receiving a scholarship, please follow all the directions outlined above as soon as possible after submitting your application, BUT NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 12.
1) Personal letter requesting scholarship. Please include any summer study grants available to you from your school or any other grants you have applied for. Should you receive a grant from any institution of higher learning or non profit organization without disclosing this to SongFest when applying any SongFest scholarship funds will be rescinded.
CANADIAN SINGERS & PIANIST APPLICANTS: The Art Song Grant from Canada generously supports Canadian citizens for assistance to attend an ART SONG SUMMER FESTIVAL. SongFest is on the approved list and many singers and pianists have received financial aid in previous years. Please click to visit: ART SONG FOUNDATION OF CANADA
2) Parent AND Student Tax Return(s) (IRS Form 1040) or International Salary Documentation for 2016 in USD (equivalent to the US 1040 for your country) for the most recent tax year available. We require your parent(s) return even if you are not claimed as a dependent.
3) A copy of the FAFSA form (Federal application for student aid) if attending college (does not apply to international applicants).
All documents should be mailed, emailed, or scanned to our secure confidential office.
6369 Euclid Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45236
Scanned or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to the generosity of several donors and long-time supporters of SongFest, we are able to provide several merit fellowships and scholarships each year. You will automatically be considered for these awards at your audition.
Professional, Pianist, & Recital Fellowships
- The Marc and Eva Stern Fellowship Program – This program has been generously underwritten by the Marc and Eva Stern Foundation. The 5 recipients of this award are chosen five auditions held nationwide. The audition panel will look for singers and pianists demonstrating a commitment for communication of the text, a strong radiant presence, and a unique sound. This scholarship covers full tuition, housing and meals.
- Elizabeth and Michel Sorel Fellowship – awarded to an outstanding female singer or pianist in the Professional Program. Full tuition, housing and meals.
- John Steele Ritter Scholarship – awarded to two collaborative pianists in the Professional Program. Partial tuition ($1200 each).
Studio & Young Artist Program Merit Scholarships
- Colburn Fellowship – awarded to two outstanding singers in the Young Artist program.
- Schubert Fellowship awarded to two outstanding singers in the Studio program.
Click and view:
SongFest Fellowship & Scholarship Opportunities