2018 Scholarship Policy
Please know that scholarships are limited. With few exceptions, scholarship decisions are based on a combination of need and merit.
Therefore, to be considered for any scholarship assistance by the Scholarship Committee, you must submit ALL required documents.
Please note that deposit deadlines stated in acceptance letters will not be extended if scholarship applications have not been completed. If you are interested in receiving scholarships, please follow both steps outlined above as soon as possible after submitting your application.
1) Personal letter requesting scholarship. Please include any summer study grants available to you from your school. Should you receive a grant from any institution of higher learning without disclosing this to Songfest, any SongFest scholarship funds will be rescinded.
2) Parent AND Student Tax Return(s) (IRS Form 1040) or International Salary Documentation for 2016, or the most recent tax year available. We require your parent(s)’s return even if you are not claimed as a dependent.
3) A copy of the FAFSA form (Federal application for student aid) if attending college
All documents should be mailed, emailed, or scanned to our secure confidential office.
Scanned or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SONGFEST 2017 6369 Euclid Road Cincinnati, Ohio 45236
Worth the Investment and More
Thanks to the generosity of several donors and long-time supporters of SongFest, we are able to provide several merit fellowships and scholarships each year. You will automatically be considered for these awards at your audition.
Professional, Pianist, & Recital Fellowships
- The Marc and Eva Stern Fellowship Program – This program has been generously underwritten by the Marc and Eva Stern Foundation. The 2-3 recipients of this award are chosen from live auditions held nationwide. The audition panel will look for singers and pianists demonstrating a commitment for communication of the text, a strong radiant presence, and a unique sound. This scholarship covers full tuition, housing and meals.
- Elizabeth and Michel Sorel Fellowship – awarded to an outstanding female singer or pianist in the Professional Program. Full tuition, housing and meals.
- John Steele Ritter Scholarship – awarded to two collaborative pianists in the Professional Program. Partial tuition ($1500 each)
Studio & Young Artist Program Merit Scholarships
- Sanford Sylvan Fellowship – awarded to a singer in the Studio or Young Artist program selected by Sanford Sylvan. Full tuition.
- Colburn Fellowship – awarded to three outstanding singers in the Studio or Young Artist program.