Young Artist Program
A Young Artist Program
like no other.
Song, as the crystallization of the singing-acting experience to its gem-like essential parts: text, music, one collaborator on stage, and the audience offstage, presents the student of classical singing not only with a repertoire that will enrich the life of any performer, but with an unparallelled opportunity to focus on the essential skills at the heart of music-making that will serve artists in all their future work, no matter the medium.
Who should apply?
Successful applicants are generally entering their senior years of undergraduate studies or graduate studies, possessing a level of technical proficiency that can allow them to focus on their expressive intention. Singers searching to release their own unique voice as artists are especially encouraged to apply.
Each student receives
1) One voice lesson per week
2) Two coachings per week
3) Two performance opportunities
4) Weekly small group Alexander Technique
5) Three core-curriculum Discovery Classes per week focusing on developing your own personal method for learning how to create a full dynamic, truthful singing-acting performance from brand new music.
6) A seminar on “How to Produce” your own recitals led by Resonant Bodies Festival Founder and Director, Lucy Dhegrae Including: programming, press, budgeting, finding the right venue, publicizing, fundraising, website and mailing list building, podcasts and video, etc.
7) A mock song audition workshop
8) Four small group private master classes per week with our distinguished faculty in which each student sings twice per week
9) Attendance at all concerts and professional program morning master classes