Studio Artist Program
The perfect summer program
for a young classical singer
Many young classical singers have a hard time finding a short, intensive summer program where they can
1) be exposed to the highest level of teaching and performance
2) continue building their own individual skills with repertoire that is perfectly suited for their current developmental needs, and
3) meet prospective graduate school colleagues and teachers.
The Studio Artist program at SongFest meets all those needs, offering individual attention to every participant at the highest level through the medium of art song. Under the close guidance of the experienced SongFest administration team, participants will select repertoire suited to their unique strengths and developmental needs.
Who Should Apply
Successful applicants are entering sophomore and junior undergraduates with significant potential for a major operatic or concert career. In rare cases, high-school seniors above the age of 18 showing exceptional promise may be admitted to the program..
Each Singer Receives
1) Two voice lessons/week
2) Two coachings/week
3) Two performance opportunities
4) Weekly small group Alexander Technique
5) A two week performance seminar on English language song. This seminar includes an introduction to poetry class, speaking Shakespeare texts, acting games, private coachings, learning how to speak your song text as an actor, learning to tell a story with every song as its own One Act Play, and a final presentation of your work in a staged concert of English language song.
6) A second two week performance seminar.
7) Three small group, private master classes per week with our distinguished faculty in which each student sings once per week.
8) Attendance at all concerts and the professional program's signature public morning master classes.