Professional Fellowship Program for Singers
The only art song "YAP"
in the USA
The Professional program has been SongFest’s signature program for the past twenty years. This year, for the first time ever, the program is also tuition-free. (Housing & meals are not included.)
Nowhere will you be exposed to more song repertoire, extraordinary teachers, and colleagues who share your passion at a higher level in a shorter amount of time than at SongFest: a one-month art song intensive that will expose you to new ideas of programming, repertoire, approaches to style, vocal production and more through over 40 masterclasses with over 15 internationally esteemed faculty members.
Who should apply
Successful applicants (generally entering their final years of graduate study, working on advanced degrees, or working professionally) demonstrate the technical and artistic ability to perform at the highest level in public masterclasses and concerts in a variety of languages and repertoire with our roster of internationally distinguished faculty.
1) One signature public morning master class per week
2) Four private small group master classes per week with our distinguished faculty where each singer sings twice per week
3) Two performances on our concert series
4) One hour-long small group Alexander Technique class per week
5) One half-hour private Alexander Technique session per week
6) At least one coaching per week on concert and master class repertoire with our distinguished faculty
7) A seminar on “How to Produce” your own recitals led by Resonant Bodies Festival Founder and Director, Lucy Dhegrae Including: programming, press, budgeting, finding the right venue, publicizing, fundraising, website and mailing list building, podcasts and video, etc.
8) Attendance at all concerts and public master classes