Summer Art Song Institute at SongFest: June 2 - June 30 2017
From college freshmen who are learning their first art songs to established recitalists perfecting a recital program, SongFest has a program tailor-made for every lover of song.
Rosemary Ritter | Founder & Artistic Director
- Designed for young singers who want to build their technical abilities and repertoire with a maximum of individualized attention. Singers receive two voice lessons/week, Alexander Technique, private coachings, private afternoon master classes with our resident senior faculty, two performance projects, and attendance at all Professional Program master classes. Generally entering college sophomores and juniors. *Entering high-school seniors over 18 who demonstrate significant promise for a professional career in classical music may be accepted in exceptional cases.
- Designed for singers who have a solid technical basis which allows them to focus on interpretation and singing-acting. Singers receive one voice lesson/week, Alexander Technique, private coachings, a curriculum dedicated to singing-acting, a seminar on "Producing your own recital", private afternoon master classes with our senior faculty, two performance workshops, and may receive limited opportunities to perform in Professional Program master classes and concerts. Generally singers who are entering seniors or beginning graduate studies.
- Our highest level program for singers and pianists - now tuition free. (Housing & meals are not included.) Designed for advanced singers prepared to work at a professional level with the senior faculty in daily master classes, private coachings, and performance projects. Ten singers are chosen.
- Voice lessons are not included as part of this program
- for pianists with a special interest in vocal collaboration.
For Singers & Pianists
- For advanced graduate and post-graduate singers and pianists who have programmed an innovative full length recital and wish to bring it to completion at SongFest under the guidance of one of our senior faculty. One duo will receive a cash prize and return recital engagement.
- 1st Session: June 2nd-15th
- 2nd Session: June 18th-30th
NOTE: Still not sure which program is the best fit for you? No worries! Age/education brackets are provided as guidelines. Successful applicants will be placed into the appropriate program by the administration based on the audition, performance experience, repertoire list, and other submitted materials. Apply to one program, and we'll do the rest. All programs offer a rigorous curriculum and the opportunity to perform.